Monday, September 7, 2009

An Update. Stage 1.

I have been quite the delinquent blogger as of late. To all 2 of my readers, I apologize. In an attempt to catch up on all the things that have been happening in my life, I will be updating my blog in stages. It will all happen in chronological order and today is Stage 1! Get excited!

July 29-August 3 I went to the Sigma Alpha Iota national convention in Chicago.
I made some lovely new friends and we made our own Crystal Glass Choir when we were supposed to be listening to speeches.

I got lots of compliments on my chapter's SAI ladybug shirt on the same evening had my face painted with a sparkly red treble clef.

At the end of the trip when my new friends andI changed our departure time we got upgraded to a limo! This was the first limo ride I've ever taken, so I was excited!!









The convention was absolutely wonderful and I'm very glad that I have that experience. I learned so much about the women's music fraternity that I'm a part of at school and got many ideas for the coming year. I spent most of my days in the meeting room doing lots of official business "stuff" but there were many mini-recitals throughout the day to keep things spiced up. I bought a few things at the Phlea-Phlam picnic which was carnival themed. Phlea-Phlam is an opportunity for chapters to set up booths and sell homemade SAI merchandise. It was really creative and fun! I was sad to leave at the end of it all, but the next weekend held an even more wonderful and exciting event. You'll hear about that tomorrow.

No comments: