Saturday, June 2, 2012


Yesterday I had a Bio Physical Profile and Non-Stress Test. This is routine for anyone who goes over their due date and both tests went really well. We started with the NSS and we had a great nurse overseeing everything. Basically, they hooked me up to a fetal monitor and watched LDB's heart rate for about 20 minutes. It was really cool to hear and see how his heart rate would go sky high when he was squirmy and then slow down while he rested. The nurse said that was a great sign and he's obviously really active and healthy. She also got a lot of things setup in my chart so that I won't have to answer as many questions when we check in to the hospital! After the NSS we went across the hall for the BPP with a doctor. He was super sweet and encouraging. The BPP is a sonogram where they check for lots of different factors that indicate whether or not the uterus/placenta can still handle pregnancy and to make sure the baby is developing well. He looked at the amount of amniotic fluid, watched for practice breathing motions, checked his heart and other organs, made sure he responded to stimulation and several other things that I don't really recall. Everything checked out perfectly and he told us that there's nothing to worry about. He asked if we were interested in an induction and when we said no he agreed that it's not necessary. These tests have to be done every 3-4 days as long as the baby hasn't arrived so we rescheduled for Tuesday and Friday of next week. If LDB comes before then the hospital will notify the office and then, of course, we won't have to go. This office is right next to Labor and Delivery so it's very convenient!

K and I are still just patiently waiting. I planned on working as long as possible but we both agreed that going 1 day past my due date was plenty. I've had time the last couple of days to get tons done around our duplex in preparation for the move that I simply hadn't had the energy to do after getting off of work at 5. I'm thankful for this time! We did a lot of refresher reading on labor, breastfeeding, and coaching last night so we both feel a lot more prepared.

In the meantime, I've decided to take a hiatus from Facebook. I'll be back on after delivery to do an update because it's such a great means of sharing with a lot of people at one time but I'm enjoying being off for now.

The patience and calm that has covered both of us throughout this pregnancy, and especially in the last couple of weeks, is an amazing gift from God. We can't be given credit for it because I know if left to our own devices we would both be miserable with impatience right now!! I've been praying for God's timing to be all I place my trust in and He has generously blessed us both with comfort in His plan. We're happy and fulfilled by the Lord's's never been more evident in our lives and I'm truly, humbly thankful.

No comments: