Friday, June 5, 2009

All by myself...

In January, when I first started thinking about my summer plans, (yes, I plan that far in advance) I decided that I needed this to be a summer on my own. My plans consisted of 1) trying to find a decent job or two in HPUville b) learning how to live/function by myself c) and get into stinkin' shape!

My plans came out just the way I hoped. I'm working in an office here at HPU and also interning at my local church. My roommate is home for the summer so that takes care of point B. Point C is...well...it's developing. I thought that I would be miserably lonely but...

...enter VBS. Oh my goodness! I taught music at this year's VBS "Crocodile Dock" and it was such a blast! The only time I was alone this week was while I was sleeping. Because, yes, I prefer to sleep alone. :-D The kids were fantastic and they learned their songs with so much enthusiasm and joy. I was expecting to have at least a few whiners, but they stepped up to the plate and completely surprised me. Last night, the last half hour of our normal schedule was family night. The parents/siblings/etc. of all the kids came to see exactly what it was that rocked about the Croc Dock. Most of the presentation was taken up by them singing 4 of the songs that they learned. I was standing in the back cuing their motions and enjoying the sounds they were making and the big smiles on their faces. God teaches me so much through children. Being able to teach them something and impact them even in the smallest ways gives me so much fulfillment. Maybe this is a sign....

So back to the original intent of my post. All by myself. Next week is going to be much different. There actually will be time spent by myself. A lot of it. But, bring it on. I have some reading to catch up on. This weekend one of my 3 best friends is coming to HPUville to see me! (I should probably go shower before she gets here at noon...hmmm.) I'm really looking forward to some girl time to help me wind-down after the long week.

No comments: